Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Welcome, My Sisters! Welcome, My Brothers!

Here is a complete audio performance of a new song I wrote for Synod School 2011. It's called "Welcome, My Sisters! Welcome, My Brothers!" I am blogging my complete learning sequence on this song during this week. Then, it will be available for class participants during the week of Synod School. I am hoping that the format I'm following will make it simple to both learn the song in the first place, and then to teach the song to your friends and congregations when you get home later. I've always found that there is just SO MUCH to learn, that our brains get over full, and then we can't remember important elements of the complete performance of a song, so we either forget about performing it, or perform it poorly. This week, I'll be posting this song in these parts:

1 - complete audio version and JPG of the song words and melody.

2 - JPG of the percussion parts written out in traditional notation.

3 - Audio of each part played individually.

I hope that those of you who can use this method of learning parts will be able to help me learn what I can do to improve the experience for you, and that you can then use this song in your own worship experience.


Audio of song (includes singing, clapping and drumming.)
 

Here is the melody line and the words in a JPG picture format. I'll see what I can do about including a  downloadable PDF of this piece. In the meantime, though, I believe you can just click on the picture, and print it from there, if you want.  


No comments:

Post a Comment